Non Metalic Organic Sun Screen
A Few Words On Ingredients:
Obviously, pristine super quality ingredients are very important. Every constituent of a skincare product should be either organic or wildcrafted; ours are. Ingredients considered separately should all be what skin readily considers a nutrient source and non threatening; ours are. And lastly formulating an ideal skincare product is a lot more than just randomly assembling a list of good ingredients, it's understanding the secondary and sometimes tertiary interactions and achieving the ideal ratios, we do.
- Red Raspberry Seed Oil
- Why is there a range in SPF? To answer this you have to understand how the SPF rating system works. SPF makes an assumption about how long someone can stay in the sun without getting burned based on the percentage of UVB rays blocked, absorbed or deflected by a sun screen or sun block. SPF 30 protects against 97% of UVB rays and SPF 50 protects against 98% of UVB rays. The difference is one percentage of UVB rays.
- So does it have UVA and UVB protection? Yes! Raspberry Seed Oil has almost equal UVA and UVB protection.
- How often should I reapply? We want your first experience to be a really good one! So we recommend that for your first time you set a timer and reapply every half hour. This way you're sure not to get burnt. But depending on how much you sweat, if you're exposing yourself to water or completely dry, and how strong the sun is you can reapply every half hour to two hours.
- Is it safe for kids? Yes, there's really nothing safer. The only problem is that kids are very active and they tend to sweat which interferes with Raspberry Seed Oil's ability to absorb and deflect the sun. So only use on kids if you are able to reapply every half hour.
- Can I exercise with it on? Yes, but sweat interferes with the absorption capability (as mentioned above) so reapply every half hour.
- What does it smell like? It smells like Raspberry Seed Oil. We do absolutely nothing to alter the smell. To some people with very sensitive noses it smells a bit fishy. But most people don't notice it much. The good news is that if you do have a strong sense of scent, it absorbs quickly and the scent doesn't linger.
- Can I apply it over my make-up? Yes, absolutely. Keep in mind that it's an oil so the best way to apply is first squirt it onto your hands and rub them together. Then pat your hands onto your face. This way you won't get a huge oily spot on your cheek. This is also the best way to reapply throughout the day without disturbing your make-up.
- I have acne will it make me break out? Not at all! Raspberry Seed Oil has a very high profile of Linoleic Fatty Acid which actually dissolves sebum (sebum is the oil your skin naturally produces but when over produced it clogs your pores causing pimples and acne). Raspberry Seed Oil is so nourishing that we often recommend it as a pre-cleansing oil for people with dry or dull skin.
- Can you make it into a lotion? Unfortunately no. In order to make a lotion we would have to dilute the oil with water lowering the SPF considerably.
- What is the shelf life of Raspberry Seed Oil? Raspberry Seed Oil is a very stable oil and you could use it many years after you bought it and be fine, but we've decided to be very conservative and claim a two year shelf life.