Properly cleansing your face truly is the starting place for healthy glowing skin.
Our Moisturizing Facial Cleanser, a perfectly pH balanced organic facial cleanser is formulated with the same wonderful and nutrient rich ingredients we use in our moisturizers (and more!).
Your skin will be gently cleansed, deeply moisturized and properly nourished. Never dry or stripped of it's natural oils.
Hand formulated without synthetic foaming agents or toxic thickeners, our natural, organic Moisturizing Facial Cleanser is simply a very pure handmade liquid soap with it's pH ideally adjusted with carefully selected organic ingredients to compliment and nourish your skin.
Funny thing about soap. There's no better way to cleanse your facial skin than a properly made and properly pH balanced soap. When people say "Don't put soap on your face" it's because they don't really understand skin. Or the true nature of soap. What they should be saying is don't use anything on your skin that challenges the natural pH balance of your skin. Do use products that are nourishing.
If your skin is oily, dry or if you have unpredictable combination skin chances are your facial cleanser has one or more ingredients your skin perceives as a threat and is attempting to defend itself. Don't worry, your skin will forgive you now that you're considering an upgrade to healthy skincare.
Facial Cleansing Instructions
You Have To Gently Shake Your Luminance Natural Cleanser Before Each Use:
You'll notice that your facial cleanser separates into a clear soap on the bottom and oils and herbal extractions floating on top. So it's important to give the bottle a shake before every use; before shaking the cleanser pH is a bit too high for facial skin, but after a gentle shake or two the nutrient rich emollients and herbal extractions blend with the soap at a low pH that's just perfect for your skin.
And sure we could easily add something to bind the ingredients and keep them mixed and always ready, but it wouldn't be as healthy. Or as nice.
Adjust Water Temperature:
Not too hot and not too cold; adjust the water temperature as you let it flow over your hands until they say "Mmmmm that feels nice"; that's your skin telling you the temperature is just right. Skin is very smart and if you listen carefully it will you what it likes and needs to be healthy. Lovely and glowing.
Now You're Ready To Cleanse Your Face.
Always remember. Easy does it. Be gentle. Never do anything that irritates, scratches or in any way hurts your skin. If it hurts even a little bit that's your skin's way asking you not to do that. So no wash cloths. No sponges and for heavens sake no machines should ever be used to treat your facial skin. Hands only. Skin on skin becomes so obvious when you think about it.
- Ok now that you have your water temperature just right, wet your face and your hands with water. Give an additional quick shake of your cleanser and then spray 3 or 4 spritzes into your hands and work the cleanser into a nice delicate lather.
- Gently massage the lather onto your face using only your hands and fingertips applying lite to moderate pressure. No sponges, wash clothes or anything scratchy, just your fingertips and palms. As you move the lather around your face, in addition to deeply and gently cleansing your face, you'll be giving yourself a gentle and toning muscular massage, stimulating moisture enhancing circulation and softly exfoliating. The more contact your hands have with your skin the more your skin will glow with health.
- After a few minutes of cleansing, close your eyes, and splash your face with a couple of splashes of water, being careful not to over-rinse; this very natural cleanser is therapeutic in many ways so to leave a little bit on your skin is very beneficial.
- Now while your skin is gently cleansed and nicely moisturized by the cleanser, it still has a bit of typically highly alkaline Tap Water residue. This is where the Rosewater Toner is so critical to rebalance the pH of your skin. So give a few spritzes, move it around your face with your hands and let it almost dry.
- If you're using a serum now is the time to apply and then follow with your moisturizer.
A Few Words On Ingredients:
Obviously, pristine super quality ingredients are very important. Every constituent of a skincare product should be either organic or wildcrafted; ours are. Ingredients considered separately should all be what skin readily considers a nutrient source and non threatening; ours are. And lastly formulating an ideal skincare product is a lot more than just randomly assembling a list of good ingredients, it's understanding the secondary and sometimes tertiary interactions and achieving the ideal ratios, we do.
A complete listing of all of the ingredients in this product. Absolutely nothing left out. Nothing hidden.
- Saponified Oils
- Grape Seed
- Nutrient Oils To Adjust pH
- Sun Flower
- Grape Seed
- Rosemary Seed
- Essential Oil For Scent
- Tangerine Essential Oil (Just a touch for scent)
If you have further questions just pick up the phone and call me.
R Kim Emanuel Luminance Skincare Founder/Formulator 707.372.6765