A Wonderful Facial Cleansing Experience.
Wet your face and your hands with water. Give your cleanser a quick shake to mix the ingredients together, then apply a couple of spritzes into your hands, working the cleanser into a delicate lather.
- Gently massage the lather onto your face using only your hands and fingertips, applying light to moderate pressure. No sponges, wash clothes or anything scratchy, just your fingertips and palms. As you move the lather around your face, in addition to deeply and gently cleansing your face, you'll be giving yourself a gentle and toning muscular massage, stimulating moisture enhancing circulation and softly exfoliating. The more contact your hands have with your skin, the more your skin will glow.
- After a few minutes of cleansing, close your eyes, and splash your face with bit of warm water, being careful not to over-rinse; this very natural cleanser is therapeutic in many ways, so leaving a little bit on your skin is very beneficial.
- Now, while your skin is gently cleansed and nicely moisturized by the cleanser, it still has a bit of typically high alkaline tap water residue. This is where the Rosewater Toner is so critical to rebalance the pH of your skin. So give a few spritzes, move it around your face with your hands and let it almost dry.
- If you're using a serum, now is the time to apply and follow with your moisturizer.
Additional Tips And Cleanser FAQ
Why This Cleanser Needs Shaking
You may have noticed that this facial cleanser separates into a clear soap on the bottom with oils and herbal extractions floating on top. It's important to give the bottle a shake before every use. Before you mix it up, the cleanser's pH is a bit too high for facial skin, but after a gentle shake or two, the nutrient-rich emollients and herbal extractions blend with the soap creating a low pH that's just perfect for your skin.
Sure, we could easily add something to bind the ingredients and keep them mixed and always ready, but it wouldn't be nearly as healthy or quite as nice.
The Best Water Temperature For Your Face
Not too hot and not too cold. Goldilocks water. Adjust the water temperature as you let it flow over your hands until they say "Mmmmm that feels nice". That's your skin telling you the temperature is just right. Skin is very smart and if you listen carefully, it'll tell you what it likes and needs to be healthy. Lovely and glowing.
Be Gentle. Always remember. Easy does it. Be gentle. Never do anything that irritates, scratches or in any way hurts your skin. If it hurts even a little bit that's your skin saying "don't do that". No wash cloths. No sponges. And for heaven's sake, no machines should ever be used on your facial skin.
Hands only. Skin on skin becomes so obvious if you think about it.
When You Need More Detail?
While our Team is here for you, it would help us if you checked our FAQ page first before calling or emailing. If FAQ didn't do it, just pick up the phone and call Kim, or email our team.
For Product Questions, Returns, Discounts, Subscription Concerns
For Shipping Questions, Package Info, or Order Issues
Kim R Emanuel Luminance Skincare Founder/Formulator
- Personal Cell Phone 707.372.6607 (10 am- 2 pm PST)